LET'S GET STARTED
If your child is diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), it’s time for a professional assessment and support to help your child succeed.
At ABA Abilities, we offer multidisciplinary developmental evaluations and therapies. Our clinical team will assess domains for language and communication skills, early cognitive development, adaptive functioning, play skills, and symptoms associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Your Child’s Most Recent Diagnostic Evaluation
- A Written Order for IBHS-ABA Services from a Pediatrician, a Child Psychologist, Licensed Social Worker, or other specialist. Don’t have a written order? We can help!
The Steps of Our Process
Step 1 – Connect with Us
- Submit your information using using the “How Can We Help You Form” found on this page or call us at 412-319-7371.
- Our team will call you to discuss your child’s needs and see if our program is right for you and your child. Availability and expected wait time will be reviewed and you will be provided with additional resources, if needed.
- At this time, your child will be added to our referrals and you will submit the documents listed above as well as a copy/picture of the front and back of your Health Insurance card.
Step 2 – Complete the Paperwork
- The next step is for you to complete intake paperwork. We will send this to you in a secure email.
- If required, we will request authorization from your insurance company for an initial ABA assessment. Once we receive approval, your child’s assessment appointment can be scheduled.
Step 3 – ABA Initial Assessment
- You and Your child will be scheduled for an appointment with a Board Certified Behavior Analyst(BCBA) or a Licensed Behavior Specialist (LBS) who will perform a Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) and skills assessment. Together with you, a treatment plan will be developed to address goals and areas of concern.
Starting at ABA Abilities
The BCBA will review the assessment results and clinical recommendations, including treatment hours and appointment scheduling. Sessions will take place at our center with some supplemental sessions in the home or community when clinically indicated. Parent trainings can be offered via telehealth to work with your schedule.